Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Prediction Coming...

I haven't done a Super Bowl preview for two reasons:

1. This past week and the next are the busiest times of the year for me at work.
2. With the Tijuana of the North being located just across the river, I was expecting at least one of the players to get caught in a Eugene Robinson-esque scandal within 48 hours of kickoff. Nothing has happened so far, but we still have time. In any case, had someone been busted, I would have picked the opposing team to win.

Anyway, I will do my best to get a more elaborate preview up before kickoff, but in case I don't, let's go with the interim prediction of the Seattle Seahawks winning 27-17, with Lofa Tatupu (2 sacks and an interception) earning MVP honors.

For the past two weeks, I'd been ambivalent about this game, but typing in my prediction has made me realize how much I truly despise the Seattle Seahawks, and how sick I would feel seeing them lift the Lombardi Trophy. So let it be known that I am jumping on the Steelers bandwagon for the rest of today. But I'm checking out as soon as the game ends. I just can't stomach the thought of the Seahawks winning the big game, even if it means that instead of that result, we'll have to deal with at least a few years of Kevin wearing nothing but Steelers Super Bowl paraphenelia. Vegas is setting the over/under at 14 for how many items he will have ordered from the NFL shop by the end of tonight. Whoop-de-Whoop.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

The thought of hearing Kevin using the line, "my Steelers" all the time has been dry-heaving. I hope the Seahawks win so that I can order this Superstar Billy Graham-esque tshirt. Consider it a lock if the Seahawks win. Actually, it may be a lock no matter the outcome.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Andy,

Does your digital camera record movie clips? If yes, keep it ready in case the Steelers win. If they do, it's certain that Kevin and his brother will engage in some sort of celebratory action that will rival the Rocky-Apollo beach hug both in awkwardness and homoeroticism. Therefore, if you capture it, we could break it out to combat the "my Steelers" line whenever necessary.

Victory shall be ours.

-Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home