Friday, April 07, 2006

Are You Crying? There's No Crying. There's No Crying In Baseball!!

Here's a recap of my night at a local bar, watching SportsNet news on mute:

• Did I see a clip of Barry Bonds crying? I assume it must be from his new reality show, but I have to say I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it.

• I really don't know how I feel about the Mets making their new stadium look like Ebbets Field. On the one hand, its better than the shitty plaque that is Ebbets Field now. On the other, it's the Mets rebuilding the Dodgers historic stadium. It just seems weird.

• Glad to see Alyssa Modano got hurt tonight playing the Ducks. Hope he never comes back.

• I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw that Martin "Navra" Gramatica signed with the New England Patriots. Hopefully Abboud didn't hit his head on the way down.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Alex said...

• Unless the Mets are willing to move to Brooklyn, they should not bastardize Ebbets Field. I'm still waiting for the Dodgers to move back there, btw, even though they moved to LA 25 years before I was born.

• How about the horrible officiating in the Oilers-Wild game? I couldn't believe that blown call, and not just because you couldn't fault Peca for once.

• On another hockey note, I haven't seen the San Jose Sharks play once all year, so can someone tell me if Jonathan Cheechoo is really this good, or if there's some Rob Brown effect happening here.

• When your key free agent acquisitions are Reche Caldwell and No Longer Automatica Gramatica, you just remember the happier times.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I missed the Oiler game, as I was out at the airport for an extended period of time, but I did see the blown call on replay. The Oilers have worn me out so much over the past 5 years, however, that nothing that happens to them surprises me much anymore. I feel a Sox-esque fatalism setting in when it comes to my hockey team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home