Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Updates

I added a Google search engine for this site into the sidebar this morning, in the hopes that it would allow people to find some of our earlier posts with more ease. Unfortunately, it seems to have a problem finding anything that isn't currently on the main page. This seems to be the case whether I use the search engine on the sidebar, or the more traditional Blogger Nav Bar at the top. I tested it out on another blog, and it works fine. I have no idea why it isn't working here. If anyone has knowledge of such things, and can help a brother out, please let me know. Nate and Hugh, that means you.

I am also adding Red & Black Hockey to the hockey blogroll. Anyone who supports the Whale/Canes is gold with me. Speaking of, make sure to check out the playoff blog of Ronnie Franchise. He's so dreamy. And last but not least, I am going to add Just Another Blog On Sports into the General Sports Blogroll.

Happy surfing, sports fans!

14 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger sacamano said...

Try this guy's code.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Bingo. Thanx, Hugh. What did you search for anyways? I looked for about an hour and only found the one link.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger sacamano said...

Here is another one. I don't know which is better.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger sacamano said...

This is another one that might explain why the first one wasn't working -- do you use firefox?

I dunno, I think it was something deceptive like: 'add google search box'

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

No I use Safari.

This one will work fine. Does it look okay on your page? I am always worried that what looks good on Safari for me looks awful for everyone else using Firefox, IE, or a PC.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger sacamano said...

Yep, it looks and works great in both explorer and firefox.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

sweeeeeeet.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I wonder if, "Cosh is gay" will bring anything up?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger sacamano said...

Note, though, that in the last one I linked to there is much discussion about the proper use of google and google logos.

Apparently, if you just use "unauthorized" code and don't have the google logo - or have the wrong google logo - or incorrectly space the google logo - your site can be removed entirely from the google index.

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but it is probably something to consider.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Doing it now.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger theDrizzler said...

Andy, The Ron Francis blog is terrific. While I've never understood the fascination you have with the Whale (much like I don't understand my brother's fascination with the Capitals), I do revere the great Ron Francis as one of the elite players not only to play in our lifetime, but in the history of this great game. I especially liked his opinion that the 'Canes sucked in game four(?) because he figured they got complacent sitting around the hotel for two days. Hopefully the Sharks are equally numbed by two days of A-channel movies at the Mac.

The site keeeps getting better. But what has happened to the mighty pens of Avi and Kimmis?

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Nathan Muhly said...

You should use adsense for search. If somebody searches Google from the engine on Sportsmatters and then clicks on and ad on the google results page, you get the cash money.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Kimmis has left the site because he is so busy with work. Avi is still here, but is currently swamped with work. I like how you ignored Murphy, who posts so infrequently as to not even garner a mention. Murph has promised to post on the World Cup, which has saved his little hide.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger theDrizzler said...

Who's Murphy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home