Friday, October 07, 2005

Keep The Faith

Let's go Wakefield! God, I hope that knuckleball dances.


This would always be my inspiration as a player. I would look at it before every single game.


2:02 p.m. WHAT THE HELL IS THE CURSE OF SHOELESS JOE? Is the media that desperate for an angle? I am so disappointed with Boomer. Damn, I wish my wireless was working so I could live blog this game.

5:00 p.m. Gah. Sixth inning. Bases loaded, no outs. And they don't even score a run? Not a single run? And then in the seventh, Renteria, Papi and Manny go down faster than Tabitha Stevens? So the Sox are left with the bottom half of the order, with no speed on the bench (good thing they traded Dave Roberts) and a retard for a manager. Fuck me. If they had Roberts, or any speed on the bench, they could bring in Youkilis, to get his obligatory walk, then pinch run and steal. Then you have a runner on second with no out. Of course, Francona won't do this, and even if he did the Red Sox don't even look like they care to win.

THEN, to add insult to fucking injury, Sportsnet cuts out of the game, in order to show the Blue Jackets-Flames game. Between this, the no show of the Yankees-Red Sox game last Friday, and TSN making me watch the last ten minutes of the Flames game rather than switching to the Oilers game, I am ready to kill somebody. I hope Kipper gets syphillis.

5:15 p.m. I see on my little MLB page on the computer than Francona left Mueller in, and he lined out softly. Fuck.

5:16 p.m. Ooh, Olerud got on base, and they brought in Machado to pinch run. He had a whopping 0 stolen bases in the bigs this year. Must be a real threat.

5:18 p.m. Is Terry Francona seriously retarded? The Sox get nothing in the bottom of the 8th (of course), and Rain Man brings in Kevin Milar for a DEFENSIVE substitution in the top of the ninth. Ya, cuz you wouldn't want the guy with all the GOLD FUCKING GLOVES in the game. I mean, I know he had to bring in a first baseman to replace Olerud, who he pinch ran with in the 8th, but it shouldn't have come down to that in the first place. Machado didn't even try and steal, so why bother having him in? At least, I don't think he tried to steal. I don't know, you see, as the computer hasn't caught up to the game, and it is NO LONGER BEING SHOWN on Sportsnet.

5:23 p.m. We are getting small-balled to death. It is killing me.

5:27 p.m. 5-3 White Sox.

5:29 p.m. The sacrifice bunts are making me want to sacrifice my life. Somebody please end this. See, this is how you manufacture runs. Damn you Bill James!

5:31p.m. I am sorry, Mr. James. I just got caught up in the emotion of it all.

5:32 p.m. I wonder what Simmons is thinking right now?

5:34 p.m. Bobby Jenks. He looks like a cherubic Roger Clemens. Throws heat like him too. I hate him already.

5:35 p.m. Does it say something about Edgar Renteria that he is going to end the Red Sox season, just like he ended the Cardinals' last year? I think so. I know he is going to end it on a ground out. I would bet my son's life on it.

5:38 p.m. Yup. I called it. Season over.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Screw you Kimmis. They could have started Schilling. Don't even get me started on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home