Friday, November 25, 2005

Battle Of Alberta, Two Minutes For Thriving


Congratulations to Matt and Sacamano at The Battle of Alberta, which has been nominated for Best Sports Blog in the 2005 Canadian Blog Awards. Please drop by and give the boys your vote, as well as voting for other bloggers in other categories (especially that curmudgeon Cosh).

Matt and I came by each other in our previous incarnations as Aldini and Harlem. Despite never having met each other, we have developed a friendship. Ditto for Sac, whose love of the Celtics and knowledge of NCAA Basketball often leaves me wondering if he is actually Abboud in disguise. They hit gold with the BoA concept, and continue to mine it with excellent content and coverage. I wish them continued success, and I speak for all of the Sports Matters crew when I thank them for their ongoing support of our modest endeavour.

Now if only the Oilers would beat the Flames. I am getting tired of hearing Matt rant and rave about Calgary's two wins and his love of all things Peca.

***Update*** Apparently one of our own has also been nominated for a 2005 Canadian Blog Award. Congrats to The Muck Shoveler-aka Sheamus Murphy-for his "Best Post" nomination. I didn't even see him on the list, to be honest. Thanks to Avi for pointing out my selective vision.

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks! And that painting is fantastic.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I remember the picture from some book about the history of hockey in Alberta that I had when I was younger. There is a story in the book about two players on opposing teams getting their face masks locked together. I played on one of those teams, so we all had copies of the book.

Between this and the HHOF conversation on BoA, I am tripping out on childhood memories. All I need now are my stretchy Hulk and Battle of the Planets cartoons.

Gory Gory Transylvania!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Avi Schaumberg said...

Hey, you left out that other curmudgeon, Muck Shoveller, who has one of his posts nominated as the best of the year (I now suspect the Shoveller himself is behind the awards). Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home