Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chuck Klosterman Inks Deal With ESPN Page 2

Kimmis sent me this link earlier today, but I hadn't had a chance to look at it until now. Wow. I just assumed it was a one-off. I had no idea it was the beginning of a monthly column. Frankly, if I had known Chuck Klosterman was on the free agent market, I would have offered him a long-term deal. I would have even put in no-trade clause. That damn ESPN. It's like the Yankees of sports writing. The Evil Empire of Ink. I have been collecting Klosterman's Esquire articles for the past year and a half, and finally put them into a portfolio this weekend. Am I going to have to start collecting and compiling these now, too?

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Avi Schaumberg said...

You have a portfolio of Klosterman articles. You're not going to turn into the male Alex Forrest are you?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Wow. I usually use the bunny cooker line, and no one gets it. But to actually reference her name? Impressive.

I am assuming that your first sentence was a question, and the answer is yes. All the essays will someday be released in an anthology or something, I am sure. Until that time, I would like to be able to go back and read some of his work when I want. In that sense, it isn't really strange at all. Is it? I don't think so. To me it is just another book of writing that I own. It isn't like I cut out his picture and paste it in a scrapbook with hearts and scribblings of adoration done in multi-coloured smelly felts. At least not yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home