Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hey Big Spender

The guys over at Sports Blah have posted some interesting articles on the soon-to-be deal between the Boston Red Sox and the Florida Marlins. Count me as one who thinks this trade is a bad deal for the Red Sox. Mike Lowell will have a better season than last, but he won't hit 30HR or drive in 90 Runs. And Josh Beckett has never pitched 200 innings in a season. I fear this is another Wade Miller/Matt Clement move by the Sox. What I find even more worrisome is the thought that the Red Sox are going to soon start dumping prospects for immediate gain, just like the Yankees. I suppose they can afford it, but I don't have to like it. I have a small market sensibility. I don't really want to be cheering for another Evil Empire.

***Update***
Here is Bill Simmons' take on the deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home