Sunday, November 27, 2005

Little Do They Learn



According to ESPN, the Los Angeles Dodgers are looking to interview Grady Little for their vacant Manager position. The Dodgers' new General Manager Ned Colletti is a well-liked, highly-regarded fellow, but apparently spent his October of 2003 living in a cave. Short of New York Yankee fans, I can't imagine a single person would think highly of Mr. Little.

I won't recap the poor job Grady did managing the Sox, which goes far beyond his mistakes in Game 7 of the ALCS. But part of me does hope that he gets this job, since I actively dislike the Los Angeles Dodgers, since I still believe they rightfully belong in Brooklyn (that they moved out west 25 years before my birth is inconsequential to this position). Anything move that hinders the Dodgers' chances of returning to the World Series is good in my books. On the positive side for Dodger fans, I can't imagine him being worse than perennial underachiever Jim Fregosi, the other notable name on LA's shortlist. Things just aren't looking up in La-La land.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

OMG!!! Are you kidding me? Simmons is going to die laughing.

I don't really cheer for the Dodgers, but I did grow up worshipping Jackie Robinson and the Brooklyn Dodgers. As such, this is a mild kick in the groin. I don't know what management is thinking here, since the guy has a record of ignoring his bosses. Legend has it that Little was called in to see Epstein and Lucchino before the infamous Game 7, and was specifically told to pull Pedro afte 100 pitches. He ignored them, going with his "hunch" instead. Is Joe Morgan running the Dodgers? Oh no, that's Tommy Lasorda.

"If Grady Little is not back with the Red Sox, he'll be somewhere. I'll be another ghost fully capable of haunting."

Indeed, Grady. Indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home