Sunday, November 27, 2005

THE Seattle Seahawks: Crappy As Jonathan Livingston Seagull

As I sit here watching a great football game between the Seattle Seahawks and New York Football Giants, several thoughts come to mind:

1) Dick Stockton, Daryl "Moose" Johnston, and Tony "The Goose" Siragusa are the best broadcast group in football.

2) Will the Seahawks ever sign a receiver who can catch a ball in the last 2 minutes of a game?

3) If the Giants take another penalty, Tom "The Penalizer" Coughlin's head may explode on camera.

4) Moose has a Brian Baldinger finger. I almost puked in my can of Coke.

5) Now that the Seahawks have won the overtime coin toss, is Matt Hasselbeck going to guarantee a victory on national television again?

6) How many Challenges can occur in one game?

7) Didn't the Chargers game end in overtime with a run like the one Tiki just had?

8) Wow. Jay Feely misses THREE chances to win the game? I believe I beat Abboud in our fantasy league earlier in the season when his kicker (David Akers) kept missing field goals. Now that he has Feely, I hope it it happens again. I wonder who will cut him first, Abboud or Coughlin?

9) This game may be forced to end with Shaun Alexander and Jeremy Shockey fighting like Spock and Kirk, with tridents and Pon Far. "Do-Do Doo Do-Do Doo Doo Doo..."

10) Ugly. This game was ugly. About as ugly as Brian Baldinger's finger. I can't stress enough how ugly that is.


Note how Brian's pinky finger on his right hand is taped. You don't want to see it unfurled.

3 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I thought about the Hasselbeck thing during the coin toss. I think he should be forced to say it whenever the Hawks win a coin toss.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Alex said...

As frustrating as Jay Feely's performance was, the comedy of my dad constantly referring to him as A.J. Feeley more than made up for it.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Greg said...

In his postgame interview, Feely said (and I'm paraphrasing), "You know, sometimes life hits you hard, but you gotta keep on moving."

Way to go champ. Keep your head high.

He obviously graduated from the "Derek Jeter Cliche Academy" with honors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home