Tuesday, January 03, 2006

He. Could. Go. All. The. Way.

Kevin has written an excellent--if heartwrenching-- obituary of NFL Primetime. In the comments section, Abboud suggested that Chris "Boomer" Berman's nicknames probably deserve their own post. I agree, and since Kevin, Abboud and I are saving our NFL Playoff picks for later this week, we might as well pay homage to the master right now. It looks like there are already a couple of pages with a ton of Boomer's nicknames on them, so I am going to just poach off of them and add a few more of my own. Feel free to put down some of your own favorites in the comments section.


Sayings/Expressions (Abboud noted these ones in the orginal post's comments section)

• "Deion Branch from...Louisville!" (or insert player from the Ivy League (for Chris) or Louisville (TJ's alma mater)
• "These aren't your father's Seattle Seahawks"
• "The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field"
• "The NFC Norris Division"
• "Nobody circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills"

More Sayings/Expressions

• "He. Could. Go. All. The. Way."
• "WHAT!!!" (In high-pitched squeal)
• "The New York Football Giants"
• "Rumblin', Bumblin', Stumblin'"
• "San Di-ego, Sup-er Chargers" (singing)
• "The Buffalo Bills, wearing their Alouette's uniforms"
• "One smell of colitis, rising up through the air"

Nicknames

• Mike "You're in Good Hands with" Allstott
• David "Green" Akers
• Curtis "My Favorite" Martin
• Eric "Sleeping with" Bienemy
• A J "Touchy" Feeley
• "Doo do doo, do do loo doo do do doo" Josh "Tears of" McCown
• Brett Favre "Ngugen"
• Shaun "Alexander's Ragtime Marching Band"
• Andre "Bad Moon" Rison (Rison actually got a tatoo done of this one)
• Jay "Fiedler on the Roof"
• "Ah Ah" Az Hakim
• "The well-dressed" Amani Toomer
• Tom "Here's the story of a man named" Brady
• Jake "Daylight Come and You Gotta" Delhomme
• "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall"
• Samkon "In" Gado "We Trust"
• "Grandmama"
• John Kasay "at the foot"
• Ty "I fought the" Law "and the law won"
• "Waltzing" Mewelde
• Reggie "Bruce" Wayne "to the batcave"
• T.J. "You say" Houshman-ze-deh," I say Houshman-za-deh"
• "That" Chris Fuamatu "is one Bad" Maafala. "Shut your mouth. But I'm talking about Fuamatu. Then we can dig it." (Boomer & T.J.)
• J.P. "Willie" Losman


I am sure I am missing some, but that is all I can think of right now (there is a Mushin Muhammad one on the tip of my tongue) Ooh, and I have to add "The Crime Dog" Fred McGriff and Sandis "Ozolinsh that stole Christmas" to the list, even though they weren't NFL players.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home