Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lazy Wednesday

Some good links I thought I would pass along:

• Last night, I filled out a membership application for the Society of American Baseball Research (SABR). I have been meaning to do this for some time, and finally got around to it. Here's hoping some others from Edmonton will now sign up with me, and we can start our own chapter.


The Baseball Biography Project. If I ever build a SABR site for an Edmonton Chapter, I think I will crib this design. Just a great looking site.

• An interesting look at 19th Century Baseball.

• A page dedicated to Ballpark Blueprints.

• The Library of Congress looks at baseball cards from 1887-1914.

• An extensive history of baseball in Western Canada.

• For those who wish to build their very own Field of Dreams, a guide.

Sports Know How, which gives you all the goods on field dimensions, rules, the history of a game etc.

Football Play-by-Play Diagrams, which provides a single page visual breakdown of every single play of every single NFL and NCAA game this year.

• A New York Times story on making the Varsity bowling team. As I said to Avi (who sent me this link and who I hope isn't drafting anything on it right now because I would feel awfully bad) I am very curious to know if this increase in bowling popularity is in any part related to a certain movie, starring a certain man-and I'm talkin' about the Dude here-that is very popular with certain segments of the college population.

• This one is unrelated to sports, but I have to share it anyways. It is Will Arnett doing an air-guitared version of the Law & Order them on Conan.

• Also unrelated to sports, the "Chronicles of Narnia Rap" sketch from Saturday Night Live. True Dat. Double True.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home