Friday, March 17, 2006

Éire Go Brách


My last name may not give it away, but I bet you my first and middle names do: Andrew David Michael Francis-Xavier. My sister's name: Erin-Quinn Marie.

Yup. You guessed it. I'm an Irishman. And an Irish Catholic to boot.

Today being an important day and all, I of course forgot to put together a piece on the great Irish tradition in sports. Bone-head move on my part, admittedly. So instead I have gathered a few songs together to help us celebrate this most festive day. On behalf of myself and the other Micks and this site (but not the Prods), Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.



Boston Red Sox

Tessie (Original)

Tessie (Dropkick Murphys)

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The Notre Dame Victory March

When Irish Backs Go Marching By

Down The Line

Hike, Notre Dame

Notre Dame, Our Mother

Rakes of Mellow

Seventy-Six Trombones

The Bells of St. Mary's

Victory Clog

Boston Bruins

Time To Go

Boston College

Boston College Fight Song

House of Pain

Shamrocks And Shenanigans

Top O' The Morning To Ya

Others

Danny Boy

An Irish Lullaby (Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ra)

Asshole

Fuck



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home