Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Juice

juice
Pronunciation: 'jüs
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English jus, from Old French, broth, juice, from Latin; akin to Old Norse ostr cheese, Greek zymE leaven, Sanskrit yusa broth

1. The extractable fluid contents of cells or tissues
2. slang. respect; credibility
3. slang. steroids





Barry*, you have some splaining to do.

Shocking (well, not really) revelations from Sports Illustrated today that Barry Bonds* has been using performance-enhaning drugs since 1998. I have little to add other than a) I am not surprised, b) Bud Selig must be ecstatic about the timing of the Sports Illustrated article, and c) this may really throw off Avi's strategy of taking Bonds* in the 27th round of our fantasy baseball pool.

I also wonder if I can copyright the term "Barry Bonds*", with an asterisk, right now. That way, I can threaten to sue anyone who uses the term, and make tons of money off of it. Hell, it works for Pat Riley.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Nathan Muhly said...

I wasn't so surprised by the steroid "revelations" so much as I was horrified by the fact that he allegedly threatened to kill his mistress on more than one occasion.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Darren said...

Re the Barry Bonds story, I'm sick of SI's hypocrisy. They lament the fall of the sports hero like's its some kind of new phenomenon. I take SI writer Phil Taylor to task in my blog essay, read it at http://mymountain.blogspot.com/2006/03/si-lament-there-are-no-more-heros.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home