Wednesday, March 22, 2006

SportsMatters: Proudly Albertan

I am happy to say that SportsMatters is now a member of Alberta Blogs. Welcome to those who may come our way through the blogroll. SportsMatters is owned and operated by six Albertans. In this group you'll find fans of the Oiler, Flames, Stampeders, Eskimos, Golden Bears, Trappers, Drillers, Mark Messier, Jackie Parker, Bret Hart, and Don Getty (both the athlete and the Premier). I should note that none of us like the Dinos (we are all UofA boys), and that I have had a crush on the St. Albert Saints mascot for most of my young life. He's just so husky, and incorrigible to boot. How could I resist? Needless to say, the team's move to Spruce Grove, and the creation of a new team logo, left me bed-ridden for a good three weeks. I was despondent.

As well, here is a link to the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame. Our province has a long history of athletic success, from the Edmonton Grads to Johnny Bucyk, from John Ducey to the Edmonton Oilers. I hear that they win things occasionally in that town south of Balzac, as well. What's the name of that charming little saloon town, again?

7 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The best pizza place in the world is in Banff. Alberta even has place called Medicine Hat, how cool is that. Canada: its like the US but clean and full of nice people.

Poetry Politics and Piracy
http://judaspenrose.blogspot.com

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Thanx for coming by the site, Judas. Great site and description of Judas, by the way.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Someone's a fan of Don Getty the Premier? O-Kaaaayyyyy....

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Someone has to be. I'm guessing it's Abboud.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I was also a big fan of the Edmonton Brickmen back in the day.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger sacamano said...

I will ignore your slight on the Dinosaurs, but I will note that the UofA have, without question, the lamest mascots in collegiate sports: Patches and GUBA.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I don't usually worry about the mascots, as I am too busy watching the Bears and Pandas win everything. I guess people at the University of Alberta in Calgary have to get pumped about something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home