Friday, April 21, 2006

The CBC: Your Tax Dollars At Work

The video cut out on the WIngs first goal. Then the audio goes out. Then they lose the penalty clock. Then they CUT OUT OF AN OVERTIME GAME BETWEEN EDMONTON AND DETROIT--IN EDMONTON--AND GO INTO THE FLAMES/DUCKS GAME!!! FOR A GOOD 3 MINUTES!!!!


***The original title for this post was much more profane. Something that rhymed with "puck" and "shoe" started things off. I have changed it since then, after I calmed down a bit. I do it all for the kids, you know. Even a day later, I am still shaking my head. Having talked to my father, sister, uncle, nana and grandad about it, at least I know I am not alone. And Abboud's story about the bar in Halifax makes me laugh. I was at a bar in Edmonton when Detroit scored their first goal, and the feed cut out, and people were freaking. I've never seen someone scramble for a remote as fast as that bartender did. Thankfully, the feed came back on, and she wasn't lynched.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I was watching the game at a bar, since my local affiliate carried the Ottawa game. The poor bartender got yelled at for the entire time that CBC had switched to the Flames-Ducks. The entire crowd was under the impression that he had switched the channel, and got on his case, while he had no idea what was going on.

In any case, great work CBC..

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i saw the end of the ottawa game-and yeah, it really annoyed me when they cut out the edmonton game to go to the calgary game. they should at least stick to one game and let it finish b/f moving onto another one. but, i guess i should be thankful that cbc covers any games at all. in buffalo, sabres games are only covered on OLN, a station that only the highest cable subscribers get....

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

clearly the CBC doesn't know how to cover three Canadian teams at the same time. it's pretty easy to just leave the button at "on".

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger d-lee said...

If it makes you feel any better, OLN lost its feed of the Detroit/Edmonton game 1 with less than a minute to go in regulation and Edmonton on a power play. I was about to go nuts

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Wow. That actually does make me feel better. Thanx for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home