Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Knew I Shouldn't Have Voted For That Guy


Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be on the TSN NHL Playoff special tonight. In fact, it may have been on already (I am sure they will be showing it over again). Harper does an interview with Gord Miller, and claims that he would rather be a hockey player than Prime Minister. Well, duhhhh. Apparently the PM is also a member of the Society for International Hockey Research, an obvious counterpart to the Society of American Baseball Research that I had never heard of until right now. And in this article, Harper drops an fantastic diss on the Honourable Member from Fangorn Forest, Ken Dryden:
"We have seen many times in history Canadiens victories that weren't expected," he said. "I remember in '71 and the arrival of (former Habs goalie and Liberal MP) Mr. Ken Dryden. He was a better goaltender than a minister."

So far, so good. But I had to draw the line when Harper picked the Flames to advance from the West. He lost me there. I can't believe I gave that guy my vote.

As for Maggie the Monkey, she has made her Eastern Conference picks. They are: Tampa Bay, Carolina, New York, and Buffalo. I will post the Western picks when she makes them. I just wish they had Maggie throw feces at her picks instead of spinning a wheel. That would make for great television, wouldn't it?

***Update*** Maggie took Detroit, Calgary, Dallas, and San Jose in the West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home