Sunday, May 21, 2006

Brother, Is He Sharp*

Well, the Oilers had no business winning that game, but they will take it. I know I will. Rollie steals the game, with help from Fernando and Peca. Spacek looked horrible again, and everyone else looked exhausted. Hopefully that flu doesn't spread any further.

And the Ducks? Well, the series isn't over (see Oilers vs. Sharks), but here is a visual representation of their play so far...




* Courtesy of the CBC's Bob Cole, on Dwayne Roloson. It was about the only sensible thing the senile bastard said all night.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger sacamano said...

True. Although it was "Brother is he solid.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger sacamano said...

What the hell is that video? It's incredible. Context?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

He said both "Brother is he solid" and "Brother is he sharp."

That video is the Ducks mascot Wild Wing trying the old ring of fire mascot stunt at a game. I love watching the cheerleaders scramble to get him off the flames.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Avi Schaumberg said...

I'm not as pessimistic about the Oil's performance. I thought they looked pretty good, save for the pressure in the third from the Ducks. It would have been more surprising if the Ducks hadn't put on a period of sustained pressure.

Loved Roloson afterwards: "I think I may have chipped my teeth, but then I'm an ugly guy anyways."

Much honking and cheering from the Avenue. I may not be sleeping for weeks.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Looked pretty good? You must have very low expectations.

I hear the horns, too. Apparently people will cheer for anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home