Saturday, May 20, 2006

Crawford Goes To Hollywood


Marc Crawford has reportedly agreed to coach the Los Angeles Kings next season. Crawford was fired as Vancouver's head coach at the end of the 05/06 season after the Canucks failed to adavnce to the post-season. In the six seasons under Crawford's command Vancouver reached the playoffs four times, but advanced past the first round only once in 2002/03 when they were ousted by the Minnesota Wild in the conference semi-finals. The Kings, meanwhile, look to find a permanent replacement for head coach Andy Murray, who was fired mid-season amidst rumours that he had lost control of his team. A press conference has been announced for Monday, where the Kings are expected to confirm Crawford's new postion with the club.

7 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Any thoughts on the matter?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Nathan Muhly said...

Nay.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Nathan Muhly said...

You?

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Nope, but I didn't post it.

Fine. I hate Crawford. I have hated him since Nagano. His hair bugs me, and I think he must smell stinky. Like tomatoe soup and tuna.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Alex said...

I suppose this was meant to be an information, not opinion piece.

That being said, I am also ambivalent about Crawford. I don't think he's a terrible coach, but I don't think he's a particularly good one either. The Kings will probably play about par for the course with him in charge.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Crawford one of the guys that went into the stands with Harry Neale when he got suspended in '82? Just curious.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Andy on this - can't stand Crawford.

But did anyone notice just how much he was smiling during the press conference that announced him as coach?

Buddy's glad to be in LA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home