Thursday, May 25, 2006

Radio Silence

My anti-beard, hat and Whalers jersey combo finally ran out of mojo after seven straight wins. Frankly, I blame the loss entirely on Sacamano at Battle of Alberta, who has been dancing all over the Oiloglosphere, practically goading the Hockey Gods into giving the Ducks a win. Make sure to check out his poem on Covered in Oil. It's particularly priceless.

In an effort to offset the bravado, I am going silent for the next few days. No comments or posts will be Oilers related. Hopefully, I'll see you all on the other side.

And before anyone asks, yes, I realize this flies in my earlier assertions about rationality in sports. And no, I don't care about the inconsistency.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Okay, I have one thing to say: I hope someone shoves a puck down Teemu Selanne's throat:

Selanne said the Ducks have been the better team all series long, but just didn't have the results to show for it.

"We've faced lot of hot goaltenders," he said. "It had to end sooner or later. There's a reason why these things go best of seven. I really believe the better team is going to turn this around."


So much for the claim that he isn't cocky.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Avi Schaumberg said...

I'm with Cosh on this one: it was just the flu, and the fix is fairly straightforward.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Black Dog said...

Agreed Andy - I always liked Teemu but I want the Oilers to win just to reduce him to tears. Lupul too.

Bryzgalov isn't so cocky now, that's for sure.

What have the Ducks won this year exactly?

I hate them. I can't believe it but I actually hate the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

That is weird.

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah man! I just woke up and the Ducks are getting back into the series! Thanks for waking me up, George!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home