Friday, June 02, 2006

Beard Mojo Update

My beard mojo went seven games before expiring with a Ducks win in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals. I switched it up after that loss, and built a shrine to past Oilers greatness. Oilers greats hovered over my television during Game 5 and we were, of course, victorious. Here are some pictures of it:

The full shrine

From left to right: Dave Lumley, Martin Gelinas, Dave Semenko, The Clarence Campbell Bowl

From left to right: Esa Tikkanen, Lee Fogolin, Glenn Anderson, Eddie Mio

I don't know whether to keep with the cards I have in my shrine, or to go with a new set for the final. Lowetide has shown us that sometimes it is best just to stick with what is working. On the other hand, my success has come with mixing things up. Yes, that decides it. I am going with a new set of cards, designed specifically around past Stanley Cup success. I am even going to pull out the heavyweights: the Red Rooster Oilers cards.

Astute viewers will note that I am saving my Petr Klima card, just in case

From left to right: Wayne Gretzky, Craig MacTavish, Mark Messier, The Conn Smythe Trophy

From left to right: Charlie Huddy, Jari Kurri, Kevin Lowe, Grant Fuhr


By the way, I have an extra Stan Weir card if anyone needs it.


***Update*** Sacamano has done the deed. He's leaving in two weeks, so I don't know what the rush is about, but I'll leave him alone. I imagine he will hate himself if the Oilers lose, so either way I win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home