Friday, September 01, 2006

WARNING

I was supposed to have a live draft for a football league at 7:30 MDT tonight. On Yahoo. At about 6:30, you couldn't access the Yahoo Sports page or the Yahoo Fantasy page. At about 6:45, you could get the Sports page, but not the Fantasy page. By 7, you could get into your league page, but the draft room wasn't there. It is now 8:23, and the draft room is still not up. Yahoo doesn't even seem to be doing an autodraft based on pre-rankings. There have been no messages sent to me as Commissioner, and no messages are on the Team Page either, letting us know the status of our draft. I have sent Yahoo an email, and there has been no response.

Twelve guys just wasted a few hours of their Friday night. They probably put in several hours in prep work before that, too. We probably won't here anything back from Yahoo until Tuesday, at the earliest. So now I have to email everyone over again, and try and set up a new draft with a new site. A site that works.

The moral of the story? Don't use Yahoo. Spread the word.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Avi Schaumberg said...

That sucks, but I'm not sure you've got the right moral to the story. After all, you could have used a hurricane-beset pay-site the other night and had the same thing happen. I think I've used the Yahoo site for fantasy drafts for four or five years now, and I've never had a problem.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

No, I'm pretty sure the moral is correct. How it compares is irrelevent. It should work, or if not, an explanation should be given. Especially since the exact same thing seems to be happening to others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home