Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Inglewood Jack: Mmm Mmm Bitch

Some links for the day:

• I just put this up on a previous post, but I think it deserves its own slot. Watch Stephen Colbert riff on the IOC's insane media bans, Chad Hedrick and Shani Davis, and Don Baylor. Click in the link, then look for the clip called "Olympic Reenactment."

• Of course, the Samuel Jackson appearance at the end of the clip reminded me of this. Which then takes me to this. I think Mike Modano could have used Jules as his coach this past week.

• Two links that are going to now be added to the blogroll: mc79hockey, which is a great site for hockey fans looking for a metrical approach to the game, and Sportszilla & The Jabber Jocks, run by David Arnott (hopefully no relation to Jason) and some other fellas. Both are quality sites; make sure and check them out.

• Abboud already noted it, but the Bill Simmons article on the NBA All-Star weekend is a must read. The last part about Jordan made me laugh my ass off.

• Remember "Prostars"? Well, if you don't, here's a short reminder.

Jason McElwain IS Awesome. Make sure to check out the video clip here. It'll bring tears to your eyes.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Thanks for the add. To be fair, Zach wears the C at Sportszilla, and while I have distant family in Minnesota and family that came to California from England through Canada, Jason probably isn't a direct relative. I did once convince a non-hockey fan that I was in a hockey video game, though, pointing to "Arnott" in a magazine screen shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home