Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Man More Sinned Against Than Sinning

Covered In Oil has video and audio of the game-winning goal, and I think I have to change my previous blaming of Jason Smith. It is clear now that Smith DID yell something at Ty Conklin. And it appears by the way both Smith and Chris Pronger look at Conklin after the goal that it was Conklin who goofed. I can't understand what Smith is yelling, which is unfortunate. It might provide some more insight. My previous blaming of Smith for the goal was based on the fact that I did not hear him yell anything at Conklin. On a play like that, it is the defenceman's responsibility to tell the goalie how to play the puck, just as it is a trailing defenceman's job to tell his partner in the corner where to play the puck on a dump in. I'm not a coach, mind you, but that would be my understanding of how a blind play like that would work. I probably didn't hear anything Smith yelled because of the concurrent sound in my own head of banshees wailing and gnashing their teeth.



I still don't blame Conks for losing the game, however. I blame that on the team on the ice, including Roloson, who blew a three goal lead with 30 minutes left to play.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Again, my beautiful photoshopping goes unappreciated. And on a picture of King Lear and The Fool, too! I think I need to start my own sports blog called, " A Little Inside Sports."

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Black Dog said...

is Smith rending his own flesh?

I thought he was going to attack Conklin after "the goal"

I appreciate it Andy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home