Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stanley Cup Finals Nickname Index

Since I keep having to link to a bunch of different posts in order to provide new readers with insight into my many nicknames during the Stanley Cup Finals, I thought I would just create an Index. That way I can just link to here for an explanation, instead of a million different places. There will be some overlap with the wonderful glossary created by Matt, Sac, and the rest of the Oilogosphere at The Battle of Alberta, who I cribbed this idea from. I encourage others to suggest other nicknames and pictures. I will add the best to this post.


Nickname: Mr. Yamaguchi
Also Known As: Bret Hedican, The Formerly Fast Skater Known As Bret Hedican






Nickname: Clay Aikens
Also Known As: Carolina Hurricanes Fans






Nickname: The Hockey Jesus
Also Known As: Robbie Schremp, Robimus Prime, Popcorn






Nickname: The Inbreeder
Also Known As: Eric Staal, The Abominal Inbred Man






Nickname: Joe Camel
Player Name: Rod Brind'Amour
Also Known As: Joey Camel-Vagina-Face, Joey Camel-Vag-Face, Karen The Bag of Douche (forthcoming)






Nickname: Le GG
Also Known As: Georges Laraque, Georges, Georgie, BG






Nickname: The Orbs of Power
Also Known As: Chris Pronger, Orbs, The Norris God of Thunder






Nickname: Pinto
Also Known As: Ales Hemsky, Pinto Hemsky, Hemmer Time







Nickname: Saint Fernando
Also Known As: Fernando Pisani, 34, My Cousin Fernando Pisani, Pantsani, The Patron Saint of Lost Hockey Causes






Nickname: Suffragette Sacagawea
Also Known As: Canes Hidden Mojo, Susan B. Anthony, Loonie Wannabe




11 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I think it's Japers' Rink that refers to Staal and Gerber as Baby Face and Baby Food, respectively. That always gave me a chuckle.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Those are awesome. I may need to add them in as a duo.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Dude, feel free to tout. I just assumed Pinto Hemsky would be in the BoA Glossary. I'll add. Any picture ideas? Email them to me. I think about ones, too.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I need a nickname for Peter Laviolette. I am currently leaning towards "Papa Smug."

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Pinto is up.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger LittleFury said...

Hey! How dare you compare the hideous visage of Brinda’whore with a vagina? I like vaginas. Vaginas are wonderful. And I don’t want to think about Rod the Knob’s mug when I’m looking at a vagina, dig? Jeez, are you trying to put all the red-blooded Edmonton straight men and lesbians off their stroke?

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

I just calls em like I sees em!

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Pisani, I'm suggesting "Pants" and "Pantsani." This stems from his post-game interview re: SH OT goal, where he states (twice): "It was in my pants."

Now, one can safely assume that he is referring to the puck being in his pants. But I've never been one to safely assume anything, so I think he was referring to some sort of Comeback Mojo brewing in his pants.

That is all.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger andy grabia said...

Saucy. I like it. Pantsani will be added.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Fred Dynamite said...

From a column in Friday's Globe and Mail, in which Al Maki likens the Oilers to a pack of zombies who keep coming back from the dead and feeding off of each other:

"Now seemingly healthy, Pisani's goal count sits at 12(tying him for the league lead with Carolina's Rod Brind'Amour), and if you had predicted that before the playoffs, a priest would have come to your home and sprinkled you with holy water."

Priest? Holy Water? St. Fernando? There's a divine influence at play here.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger andy grabia said...

That line doesn't even make any sense, but I'll take it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home